If you have any questions about Entire Cover, take a look at our FAQs.


What does my policy cover?

If you want to take a pal out for a ride, you'll need to check your insurance documents to make sure you have pillion cover, which will cover you to ride with additional passengers.

Depending on your chosen provider and your level of cover, some insurers may offer you a brand new motorbike to replace yours if it is written off, but your premiums may increase as a result of this.

If you insure your motorbike on an agreed value policy, the insurer would pay out the agreed value cost in the event of your vehicle being written off, but this may cost an additional premium. 

Yes, you can add an additional rider to your policy. Dependant on their age and experience, this may increase or decrease your premiums. 

Some policies may cover you to ride other bikes, but it is likely this is on a Third Party cover basis only. You can find out if you are covered to ride other bikes by checking your policy documents. 

If you're lucky enough to ride abroad, you may be covered under your insurance policy, but you'll need to check your policy beforehand. You'll also need to check which countries you are insured to ride in, as some countries may not be covered under your policy.

Some insurance providers do cover you to take your motorbike abroad, so check with your provider before you purchase your policy if this is something you'll need covered.

Some insurance providers do cover imported motorcycles, but it's worth comparing insurance providers to make sure you're able to purchase the cover you require. You're in the right place to compare with Entire Cover!

Our insurance providers are often willing to consider most modifications. You'll need to declare these when you are finding a quote, as some may have an impact on your premiums. Luckily for you, our quote journey makes this really easy, by not showing long and detailed lists.

Many insurance providers are willing to cover sidecars but it may require you to take out additional cover on your policy. Make sure to check your cover when getting a quote to ensure your needs are being met.

It's unlikely you'll be able to transfer your no claims from your car policy to a motorbike policy, but some insurance providers may cover this. It's worth checking with the provider before you proceed with your quote.

There are plenty of optional extras that you can add to your policy before you get a quote, such as Helmet and Leathers cover and Riders Legal protection. Make sure you add these during your Entire Cover quote or check your current policy for more info. 

Many insurance providers are willing to cover trikes, make sure to check your cover when obtaining a quote to ensure your needs are being met.

Most insurance providers do offer multi bike policies which allow you to insure more than one motorbike at a time and at Entire Cover we're the only site to let you compare multi bike quotes from a number of providers! This is easier to manage and can often be cheaper than having multiple policies.

Short answer is yes, you'll have the option to choose whether to pay for your insurance monthly, or annually in a lump sum, when you complete your quote and purchase your policy. 

Some insurance providers do offer short term insurance, but you'll need to check with your chosen provider if they offer the cover you require before you complete your purchase.

I've got a question about Entire Cover

Entire Cover are a comparison site who work with some of the UK's leading motorbike insurance providers to get you the best cover for the best price! We do all the hard work, so you don't have to. 

Your policy documents will give details of who your policy is insured with, and who the underwriter of your policy is.

You can get a quote here for your motorcycle online 24/7.

You can get in touch with us by starting a Live Chat. Our dedicated Live Chat team will be happy to help with any queries you may have about comparing motorbike insurance. If you have any queries relating specifically to your policy or a quote, you will need to contact your insurance provider directly to discuss these.

To start a Live Chat, hit the Live Chat button on the right-hand side of our website.

The chat button will be displayed when we have chat agents available to assist you. Our team is online at the following times:

Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 8.30pm

Saturday: 9am to 5pm

We do! If you have any questions about comparing motorbike insurance, or would like to find out more about the excellent providers we work with, our Live Chat team are here to ensure you get the most out of your experience with Entire Cover.

To start a chat, hit the Live Chat button on our website.

The chat button will be displayed when we have chat agents available to assist you. We're online at the following times:

Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 8.30pm

Saturday: 9am to 5pm

At Entire Cover, we work with some of the UK's leading insurance providers:

 swinton logo  carole nash logo  Carole-Nash-Select-Logo-V2
 mackenzie hodgson  Harley-davidson-logo-V2  express logo

If you still aren't sure who your insurance provider is, just check your insurance documents or your email.


Jargon buster

Different types of motorbikes require certain types of motorbike licences, also known as grades. For a full list of licence grades, requirements and restrictions, check the DVLA website.

A number of factors are taken into account when calculating the cost of your insurance. These can include your age, where you live, your motorbike usage, your riding history, security features and type of cover.

CBT is the Compulsory Basic Training course that you must take before you can legally ride a moped or motorbike (of 125CC or below) on the road. You must then pass your full bike test within 2 years of completing your CBT, or it will expire and you will need to retake it.

Scooters can have an engine size of between 50cc and 150cc allowing them to go much quicker than mopeds, which have a maximum speed of around 25mph as their engine sizes are only 50cc and below.

A modification is any change where your bike has been altered from its original manufactured state, whether this was to increase performance, value or appearance.

Protected No Claims Bonus is an optional cover that you can purchase for an additional cost, which will ensure you keep your existing No Claims Bonus in the event of an accident. 

Please refer to your policy documents if you require more detailed information.