There are plenty of reasons why people choose to ride a motorbike over a car. They need less fuel, allow you to safely nip in between cars in traffic jams, and can offer a far greater sense of adventure. The initial learning process is straightforward too – depending on the requirements for your specific motorcycle, you can get out on the road pretty quickly. Just make sure you're aware of the minimum age and type of licence for the type of bike you want to ride!

Perhaps you've only just discovered the joy of biking and have recently passed your CBT test? If that's you, then you're in the right place because we can also try to help you find motorbike insurance for new riders, subject to risk.

By comparing quotes from several UK providers, including the likes of Carole Nash and Mackenzie Hodgson, our goal is to try and help you find the right policy for your needs. Not only that, but it's a perfectly straightforward process. We know you want to get stuck into your lessons or your first road adventure, so all you need to do is fill out a short form. Then we'll compare quotes from providers who aim to offer what you're looking for.

Stay on this page for more information on why you should choose us to try and help you find your new rider or learner motorbike insurance!


Get learner motorbike insurance >>>

Why choose Entire Cover?

  • Get a quote in next to no time
  • Policies from UK insurance brands
  • Optional extras available
  • Providers' claims lines open 24/7
  • Access to brands rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot
  • Option to pay via instalments

Frequently asked questions

When learning to ride a motorbike, you'll need a provisional driving licence, as well as the correct learner motorbike insurance with a minimum of third-party cover. This is a legal requirement and the same goes for anyone who's already passed their test, young or old. You don't want to be falling foul of the law before you've even started!

The only instance where you wouldn't need this is if your vehicle has been declared off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) to the DVLA.

You can decide between three main levels of new rider or learner motorbike insurance in the UK. Ensuring you know the differences between each one is important and it can seem complicated, but we're here to help you make sense of it all.

Third-party insurance

This level of learner motorbike insurance is a minimum legal requirement. It covers you for any accidental damage you cause to someone else's vehicle or property.

Third-party, fire and theft insurance

As well as third-party damage, this option offers additional protection should your motorbike get fire damaged or stolen.

Comprehensive insurance

For more extensive cover that protects you from accidental damage to your own vehicle, on top of what's been mentioned above, you can choose comprehensive insurance.

Once you've passed your test and have been on the road for a while, you could benefit from a number of policy features. Depending on the provider you choose, you could get protection for:

  • Your no-claims bonus
  • Any other bikes you own, under a multi bike policy
  • Riding other people's bikes, with their permission
  • Riding in Europe for up to 90 days

On top of this, you can add extra benefits to your policy to make your new rider insurance more thorough, covering you more extensively in case something does go wrong. For example, you could add the following:

  • Breakdown cover
  • Helmet and leathers cover
  • Personal accident cover
  • Legal expenses cover

Like with any insurance policy, the answer to this will vary, so we can't offer a straight answer sadly! For example, if you're a learner your premium is likely to be different than if you're a new rider who's just passed their test. And anything from your age to the type of motorbike you're learning on can also alter the premiums you end up paying. Factors to consider include:

  • Your age and riding experience
  • The value of your motorbike
  • The level of cover you need
  • Previous claims and/or convictions
  • Modifications to your motorbike
  • Any optional extras added to your policy
  • Where you keep your motorbike
  • Any security measures you use

What we can guarantee is that we'll compare quotes from several of the UK's leading providers, to help find you motorbike insurance for learners and new riders. From there, it's up to you to go with the option that best suits your circumstances.

When it comes to paying, you can do this in one upfront cost, or spread the amount over monthly instalments. Please bear in mind that this second option will make your cover more expensive. Everything will be made clear once you receive your quote, so you'll know exactly what to expect.

How do I compare new rider and learner motorbike insurance through Entire Cover?

It's up to us to put in the graft and show you appropriate new rider or learner motorbike insurance quotes from UK providers. All you need to do is shoot us some details – it really is that simple.

Entire Cover is here to make sure you're covered ahead of taking to the road for the very first time, making the process as seamless for you as we can.

Get learner motorbike insurance >>>